To Traditionally or Self-Publish – THAT is the Question
Category : Publishing Advice
Do you know how to upload your book to a self-publishing site?
If you know how to use the internet and fill out online forms, then this is an easy “yes”. Once you have a strong cover and your manuscript has been edited and formatted, that’s really all self-publishing is—creating an account with a self-publishing platform and uploading your cover and manuscript. You answer a few questions, fill in the blanks, set the price and hit PUBLISH. The site will review your submission and, in a day or two, your book will be loaded onto their platform. This is totally free.
Now, if you believe you might click a few wrong buttons and accidently launch a nuclear missile to start World War III, then you might want to get someone more familiar with the internet to help you, or pay someone to do the publishing for you.
Tally Your Responses
So let’s review:
- Can you format your manuscript for eBook and/or print publication?
- Can you create your own book cover?
- Do you have an editor available?
- Do you know how to upload your book to a self-publishing site?
- If you don’t know how to do any of these, do you have the budget or resources for someone else to help you?
If you answered YES to questions 1-4 OR YES to 5, then you have the capability to self-publish. Congratulations!
NEXT – The TRUTH About Traditional Publishing